IGP Coteaux de l’Ardèche
Organic & Biodynamic. Vegan friendly
Area: IGP Coteaux de l’Ardèche – Rhône
Grapes: 60% Syrah, 20% Grenache & 20% Viognier
"L'Audacieuse" is fresh and has a nice pink color (salmon color) with aromas of peach, strawberry, blackcurrant and citrus fruits with a hint of minerality. 70% of the wine is stored in oak barrels, while the remaining 30% in amphora. The vines are 45 years old. The wine has a big body. An elegant wine in very fine balance.
L'Audacieuse is easy to drink on its own, but also goes great with food. Everything from salad dishes to fish and tapas.
Château de la Selve dates back to the 13th century and was originally a fortified house on the border of the French Empire, and then the French Kingdom. For centuries it was an agricultural property. This beautiful castle was bought back in 1990 by Benoît's parents. In 2002, just after graduating from the wine university in Beaune, Benoît's dream came true when he was given the opportunity to produce wine on the property in the south of Ardèche. He was convinced of the potential of the terroir with its scorching sun and cool nights, wild landscapes and calcareous soil rich in aromas of scrub, humus and truffle.
Benoît and his wife Florence use organic and biodynamic methods to protect the environment and allow the terroir to fully express itself. They seek to breathe life into the soil and the vines and strive to produce ever more pure wines.